[pgpool-general: 4123] Re: Pgpool SSL connection help need

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Sat Oct 17 10:22:57 JST 2015

In his case, he tries to enable SSL between client and pgpool-II, not
pgpool-II and PostgreSQL (remenber that pgpool-II works as a proxy
between client and PostgreSQL) and I think building PostgreSQL with
SSL is not related to the issue.

Probably his pgpool binary was not built with SSL support.

> Hi Al.
>
> Have you made sure you have configured the Postgres server with ssl support
> as well?
>
> There is some good info here on that:
> https://www.howtoforge.com/postgresql-ssl-certificates
>
> It does rely on Postgres having been built with SSL support - so may be
> worthwhile checking if your build was compiled with SSL support. If it was
> a package installation - depending on the OS - it may not be out of the box.
>
> Once you are sure Postgres is running with SSL you may then want to turn on
> debug logging in PGPool and Postgres (ie: debug_level in pgpool.conf) and
> restart both PGPool and Postgres - you might find the issue from logs then.
>
> Hope that is of some help.
>
> Cheers!
>

> *Jonathan J. Eastgate*
> Chief Technology Officer | simPRO Software Group
> Ph: 1300 139 467    +61 7 3147 8777
>

> Keep up to date with simPRO at: simpro.co/blog
> The contents of this email are subject to our email disclaimer
> <http://simpro.com.au/legal/email-confidentiality-notice/>.
>

> On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 9:43 AM, AI Rumman <rummandba at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am trying to setup Pgpool II SSL connection from* client to PGPOOL*,
>> where PGPOOL to backend DB is non-ssl.
>> Database backend is 9.4 and Pgpool version is "pgpool-II version 3.4.3"
>>
>> I followed this doc:
>> http://www.pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/FAQ
>> And configured ssl parameters as below:
>>
>> enable_pool_hba = on
>>> pool_passwd = 'pool_passwd'
>>> authentication_timeout = 60
>>> ssl = on
>>> ssl_key = '/opt/msp/pkg/postgres/pgpool/key/server.key'