[pgpool-general: 4227] Re: child process with pid: ## exits with status 512 / fork a new child process with pid: #

Muhammad Usama m.usama at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 22:33:17 JST 2015

Hi

child_max_connection = 0 means it is disabled and child will never be
killed because of number of connection it received.
So it should be because of child_life_time which is set to 300, and
whenever any child process have the client idle for 300 seconds it will be
terminated by pgpool-II and the message will appear in the log. If this is
the case you should also get message like
*"child connection forced to terminate due to client_idle_limit:10 is
reached" *in the pgpool-II log
Again you can disable this by setting this child_life_time parameter to 0.

Thanks
Best regards
Muhammad Usama