[pgpool-general: 4226] Re: child process with pid: ## exits with status 512 / fork a new child process with pid: #

Ziyun Audrey Wang ziyun.wang at ericsson.com
Thu Nov 19 22:22:26 JST 2015

Hi

Thanks for your quick answer.

We have the child_max_connections = 0

child_max_connections = 0
                                   # Pool exits after receiving that many connections
                                   # 0 means no exit

Not sure if this means we have reached the max number of connections that we need to increase some of the parameter value?

But don’t know which parameter should be tuned?

We currently have the following:

num_init_children = 512
max_pool = 4

child_life_time = 300