[pgpool-general: 3553] "unnamed prepared statement does not exist" but I'm using PSQL 9.4?

Jose Baez pepote at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 22:15:44 JST 2015

When using an old VisualBasic app connecting to Pgpool (through ODBC driver
in Windows 7), when it sends an INSERT, pgpool sends error:

Error or notice message from backend: : DB node id: 0 backend pid: 27248
statement:
insert into "public"."table_name" ("column1", "column2", ...... "column8")
values ($1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $6, $7, $8)
                returning ctid message: unnamed prepared statement does not
exist

My testbench is:

   - Pgpool 3.3.5 in replication mode with only 1 active node.
   - I did not installed "pgpool_regclass" because I am using PostgreSQL
   9.4 and I've checked that "to_regclass(cstring)" exists.
   - I did not install pgpool-recovery either.
   - I did install "insert_lock" in database.

Would this errror show up because of a multi-statement query? I still have
to check the exact SQL query that ODBC is sending...