[pgpool-general: 3899] Re: PGPool questions

Gervais de Montbrun gervais at silverorange.com
Thu Jul 30 00:03:23 JST 2015

Hi lk,

I can comment on some of these... pgpool can be configured in many different combinations. I am using a dual server setup with both servers running pgpool and postgresql with replication and load balancing enabled. if pgpool fails on the server acting as the main/master pgpool server, then it fails over to the other. The pgpool slave takes over and brings up an interface with the same IP that pgpool uses. Both postgres servers are used for writes and either server is used for reads.

1. pgpool has a watchdog feature that talks to other pgpool servers
2. the watchdog triggers scripts that you configure to bring interfaces up/down as need be
3. multipl pgpool servers with multiple postgresql backend db servers
4. can't comment... no windows for me

Cheers,
Gervais