[pgpool-general: 3451] pgpool 3.3.3: idle limit while in transaction

Sergey Arlashin sergeyarl.maillist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 18:44:50 JST 2015

Hi!

Recently we have noticed that pgpool client_idle_limit affects connections even if there is a transaction in progress.

For example our application connects to database, then executes begin 'transaction', then hangs for some time. And if this time is greater than  client_idle_limit then we get the following error: 'connection terminated due to client idle limit reached' .

Is it a normal behaviour? Or may be this is a bug or something like this?

Sergey Arlashin.