[pgpool-general: 4018] potential work-around to safely issue pg_terminate_backend()

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Mon Aug 31 21:41:16 JST 2015

Hi everyone,

Last night I came up with a possible work-around to terminate a
connection using /pg_terminate_backend()/ which doesn't cause PGPool
to Failover.  It requires some effort but it seems possible.

Before I post the proposal, I would like to know what's the best way
to terminate a PGPool Connection process.  Once I know, I'll put that
in the recipe.  :)

FWIW, I successfully tried a SIGINT and a SIGKILL.  The SIGKILL I
don't care for as it cannot be trap()'d by the process.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo-blog.blueoakdb.com