[pgpool-general: 4017] Re: Cancelling and Terminating (again)

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Mon Aug 31 21:33:20 JST 2015

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 08/30/2015 09:45 PM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

Hi Tatsuo,

> That's pretty similar to health checking.

When I got home last night, I realized the same thing.  I like that we
may be able to piggyback off of an existing feature.

> The only difference is, we would want a new knob which disable
> shutdown/backend termination message.

+1

> That's an idea to worth to discuss but we already have tons of tasks
> toward pgpool-II 3.5 and I'm not sure if it could be part of 3.5
> release unless someone comes up with acceptable patches.

Do you have a general idea of when 3.5 would be released?  Would it be
okay to produce a patch against 3.4 'HEAD'?

Unless someone beats me to it, I might be able to look into creating a
patch within the next few weeks.

Thank you!
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo-blog.blueoakdb.com