[pgpool-general: 3644] Re: Load balancing in explicit transaction block?

Lachezar Dobrev l.dobrev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 17:26:27 JST 2015

  Non-authority response:
  You might want to use a white-list[1] or black-list[2] of functions
to inform the PgPool which functions are suitable for distributing, or
which are not suitable. Documentation specifies that you can use
either, but not both. I suppose adding your functions to the
black_function_list would be easier. Not sure if that will help
though. My understanding was, that everything in a transaction (BEGIN;
/* EVERYTHING; */ END;) would be sent to the master.

  [1] http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html#WHITE_FUNCTION_LIST
  [2] http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html#BLACK_FUNCTION_LIST