[pgpool-general: 2604] bash script can't see env variables when run by pgpool

Gintautas Sulskus gingaz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 12:00:52 JST 2014

Hello,

I am trying to set up pgpool watchdog. For virtual IP control my plan is to
use bash scripts (if_up_cmd/if_down_cmd). In my script I use some
environment variables.

A strange thing occurs here. No matter under what user I run pgpool, script
can't pick up my custom environment variables from /etc/environment
(including customised PATH). It still sees standard binaries like ifconfig
though.

Same script, when run manually by me, works under all users. Any ideas what
can be wrong?

The only solution I have come up is to redefine env variables in the script.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Gintas