[pgpool-general: 2547] PAM auth doesn't require password

Jeremy Wilson jwilson at clover.co
Fri Feb 7 08:19:12 JST 2014

I'm trying to get authentication working and I've found that enabling PAM authentication doesn't actually require a password:

> psql -h db.prod -p 9999 -U dbaccess master

Type "help" for help.

master=>

I used the included PAM file but I get the impression it doesn't actually verify the password.

I'm trying to add auth to a new pgpool setup where we had regular plaintext password access to the database previously, so using something like MD5 might be an issue on the application side.