[pgpool-general: 3327] Pgpool and backup by PITR

Michal Šťava stavamichal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 07:21:38 JST 2014

Hi,

frstly I want to say "Good job, your technology is really good, thank you."
and secondly "Sorry for my bad english, I do my best."

Ok, so what's my problem:

I created replication model for my application (1 server with pgpool2
instance and 2 servers like host0 and host1). Everything is ok except
online_recovery part which I really have problem to understand.

For now I have 3 empty scripts so adding node works, but there is no
sychronization of DBs:
basebackup
pgpool_recovery_pitr
pgpool_remote_start

There is a sample of basebackup script:

#! /bin/sh
DATA=$1
RECOVERY_TARGET=$2
RECOVERY_DATA=$3
psql -c "select pg_start_backup('pgpool-recovery')"
postgres echo "restore_command = 'scp $HOSTNAME:/data/archive_log/%f
%p'" > /data/recovery.conf
tar -C /data -zcf pgsql.tar.gz pgsql
psql -c 'select pg_stop_backup()' postgres
scp pgsql.tar.gz $RECOVERY_TARGET:$RECOVERY_DATA

I really need some advices there, because can't understand it.

1] there is something like /data/ so its $DATA or its other data?
2] there is tar on pgsql in data directory, but i have no pgsql directory
there
3] do you have some working example? not only common sample?
4] very similar problem I have with other two scripts

Last 2 days I spent many hours by trying to understand this online recovery
mechanism, but
my karma is probably too low.

Thank you for any advice,
Michal Stava,