[pgpool-general: 1752] load balancing, streaming mode and manual promotion

Jeff Frost jeff at pgexperts.com
Thu May 16 08:30:46 JST 2013

It's not obvious to me how I should configure the following:

Would like to setup streaming replication with load balancing without
automatic failover/promotion of a replica when the master goes down.

Ideally pgpool would continue to send queries to the replica(s) when the
master is down, but require a human to promote it if the master cannot be
recovered.

Naturally, any write queries will fail, but that's ok.