[pgpool-general: 1400] Fwd: pgPool Online Recovery Streaming Replication

ning chan ninchan8328 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 03:54:30 JST 2013

Resend...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ning chan <ninchan8328 at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Subject: pgPool Online Recovery Streaming Replication
To: "pgpool-general at pgpool.net" <pgpool-general at pgpool.net>

Hi all,
I have the following question regarding the recovery of a filed Primary
Database Server.

Question 1: in the documentation, under Streaming Replication Online
Recovery section.

http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html#stream

in steps 6:

   1. After completing online recovery, pgpool-II will start PostgreSQL on
   the standby node. Install the script for this purpose on each DB
nodes. Sample
   script <http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool_remote_start> is
   included in "sample" directory of the source code. This script uses ssh.
   You need to allow recovery_user to login from the primary node to the
   standby node without being asked password.

To my understanding, i think the postgreSQL doesn't not need to be online
for the recovery process right? Since later on it mentions that
pgpool_remote_start will start up the DB on the failed node.

Question 2: in my configuration, i have 2 pgpool server with two backends.
Will it work for oneline recovery?

Question 3: when the failed node comes back online, should i use
pcp_recovery from DB primary or should i use pcp_attach on the failed node
to recover the failed system? Actually in my case, both methods do not
recover my system every time.

Thank so much for helping!

Ning