[pgpool-general: 1395] Authentication: pool_hba.conf:md5 & pg_hba.conf:ident = trust ?

Kong Man kong_mansatiansin at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 16 03:26:49 JST 2013

Could someone help explain how this authentication works on pgpool-II 3.2.1?  I have pgpool's pool_hba.conf configured to use md5 for all connections, while postgres's pg_hba.conf requires ident access.  The behavior I would have expected was that it would prompt for password by pgpool.  To my surprise, I was able to connect to the database without any password prompt at all.

I appreciate any help.
Thanks,
-Kong