[pgpool-general: 1027] Re: Pgpool thread crash, 1 DB backend, replication mode on - Minor

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Thu Sep 20 09:09:38 JST 2012

[Please Cc: to the mailing list to share info. Thanks.]

> Tatsuo,
>

> Could you give an example of the command I should use to generate a backtrace that would be helpful in this case?
>
> We've tried a number of different ways, but the child process segfault isn't being recorded as expected. We're attempting to use "gdb" to execute pgpool, but not getting anything meaningful.

You need to set limit for your pgpool user. i.e.

$ ulimit coredumpsize unlimited

If still you don't see core, maybe you need to cd to a directory where
the user can create a core file. Check permission.

The other way is, set num_init_children to 1.  This way you can
identify pid of pgpool children. You attach to a process which shows
something like this by ps command.

 5054 pts/1    S      0:00 pgpool: wait for connection request

$ gdb pgpool 5054