[pgpool-general: 1021] Re: using prepared statements when memory_cache_enabled=on

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Wed Sep 19 23:34:35 JST 2012

>> BTW do you see same error if you use memcached, rather than shmem?
>> If not, I can narrow down the error case around the shmem code.
>
> Actually we've been historically using memcached (for years), and
> disabled it when trying to use the memcached support in pgpool.  We've
> never had any problems with memcached alone (without pgpool's
> memcached support).

Sorry, my wording was not very clear. I don't think memcached itself is
responsible for the problem. Pgpool has two internal modules: one is
for shmem and the other is for memcached. I was interested in the
problem is related to one of which or both.

Greg's post suggested that the problem is not related to one of the
modules. Rather, it might be related to the common module for both
interfaces.