[pgpool-general: 512] [pgpoo-II general] Why use pgpool-II in replication mode can not createdb simultaneously to two backend postgres server

Barco You barco.you at bestv-intl.com
Sun May 27 16:31:25 JST 2012

Dear Forks,

I install pgpool-II 3.1.3 from source on machine 10.0.3.3 and I have to
postgres backends (postgresql 9.1) at 10.0.3.12 and 10.0.3.186 respectively.
I have the following configuration for the pgpool.conf.

After I use "psql -h 10.0.3.3 -p 9999 -U postgres" to connect pgpool from
another machine I can connect correctly and I do "create database xxxxx
with xxxx" successfully.
But if I check the backend DB server, only one server (backend_hostname0)
has the databse xxxx create correctly, there is no this database at
backend_hostname1.

Could you please help indicate why. Thanks!

backend_hostname0 = '10.0.3.12'
                                   # Host name or IP address to connect to
for bb
ackend 0
backend_port0 = 5432
                                   # Port number for backend 0
backend_weight0 = 1
                                   # Weight for backend 0 (only in load
balancinn
g mode)
backend_data_directory0 = '/etc/postgresql/9.1/main'
                                   # Data directory for backend 0
backend_flag0 = 'ALLOW_TO_FAILOVER'
                                   # Controls various backend behavior
                                   # ALLOW_TO_FAILOVER or
DISALLOW_TO_FAILOVER
backend_hostname1 = '10.0.3.186'
backend_port1 = 5432
backend_weight1 = 1
backend_data_directory1 = '/etc/postgresql/9.1/main'
backend_flag1 = 'ALLOW_TO_FAILOVER'

replication_mode = on
load_balance_mode = on
                                   # Activate load balancing mode