[pgpool-general: 363] Re: Multiple pgpool servers failover

Matt Wise matt at nextdoor.com
Fri Apr 20 22:10:27 JST 2012

Ludwig,
  The problem with that (and that was our original idea) DISALLOW does not function in the way we want. When DISALLOW is set, if any server in your pool of 4 DB servers goes down, access to all of them is hung. Worse yet, if the master changes from say DB1 to DB2 (and you bring DB1 back up as a slave of DB2), the non-controlling PGPool in DISALLOW mode will never notice.

—Matt