[Pgpool-hackers] Non-GNU compiler build issue

Ibrar Ahmed ibrar.ahmad at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 10:01:10 UTC 2011

Hi,

pgpool-II build is failing on Solaris/HP-UX while compiling using non GNU
compiler.

After investigation I have noticed that in parser/nodes.h file, compiler
needed PGDLLIMPORT  in case of non GNU compiler. AFAIK PGDLLIMPORT
is specifically for the Windows build, and here the assumption is totally
wrong that non GNU means Windows. I am using Sun CC compiler which is not a
GNU compiler. If we want to use PGDLLIMPORT then we have to use OS specific
not compiler specific check.

Hmm, but even in case of Windows PGDLLIMPORT is not defined. I have not
found any other occurrence of PGDLLIMPORT in pgpool-II code. In that case
how about removing this PGDLLIMPORT directive altogether?. I have attached a
patch for this.

Please comment?

--
   Ibrar Ahmed