[Pgpool-hackers] Exodus from pgfoundry

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Oct 28 14:30:33 UTC 2011

> BTW, something that first surprises me is that cvs2git doesn't convert
> each cvs branch in a git branch. It does that because the cvs branch was
> not used, hence it is not needed. We could create the branch afterwards
> if we need it.

Question is, actually there are branches in the cvs repository.

[t-ishii at localhost pgpool-II]$ cvs status README
File: README           	Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:	1.2
   Repository revision:	1.2	/cvsroot/pgpool/pgpool-II/README,v
   Sticky Tag:		V3_1_STABLE (branch: 1.2.14)
   Sticky Date:		(none)
   Sticky Options:	(none)

Why do you think that branch was not used?

Anyway, if cvs2git does not convert each branch in a git branch, thing
goes worst. Because any changes which are newer than HEAD made to a
branch are lost in the converted git repository.