[Pgpool-hackers] PostgreSQL Session #3 : Call for Papers

damien at dalibo.info damien at dalibo.info
Thu Oct 27 20:26:36 UTC 2011

======  PostgreSQL Session #3 : Call for Papers ======

After two successful sessions dedicated to the version 9.0 (feb. 2011)
and PostGIS (june 2011), we'd like to announce that the 3rd PostgreSQL
Session will be held on February 2nd 2012 in Paris, France. More
information at: http://www.postgresql-sessions.org/en/3/

The topic of the conference will be:

**PostgreSQL Replication: a wide range of possibilities**

We're launching a call for paper for this event. You can now submit your
talks, in English or in French. Each talk should last 45 minutes
(questions included) and should be focused on the topic of the event. We
are interested in any talk about the following subjects:

     * Bucardo
     * pgpool
     * Londiste
     * RubyRep
     * PostgreSQL-XC
     * Slony
     * and of course Streaming Replication + Hot Standby

Talks can be either: a case study, a Proof of Concept, a tutorial, a
benchmark, a presentation of a new feature, etc. Of course, we're open
to propositions on any other replication related topics (monitoring,
hardware replication, etc.) !

The submission deadline is November 30th, 2011.
Selected speakers will be notified before December 14th, 2011.

You can now send your proposals to :
[[call-for-paper at postgresql-sessions.org]]

Please give us a little information about you and your talk, such as:

     * First Name and Last Name
     * Twitter Account (if any)
     * Company
     * Short Biography
     * Talk title and abstract
     * Any specific need

See you in Paris next February !

**About the postgreSQL Sessions** :
The PostgreSQL sessions are designed to be a time to discover and meet
the PostgreSQL community. Each session is a day consisting of lectures
and workshops, organized around a specific theme and a guest. The
proposed talks aimed at all levels and all profiles: Developer,
Administrator, Project Managers, IT Managers, ...
The **PostgreSQL sessions** are organized by Dalibo, the french leading
PostgreSQL company. Entry is free and open to all, within the limits of
available seats.

**About Dalibo** :
Since 2005, Dalibo is the leading French PostgreSQL company and provides
its experience and expertise to its clients in Europe. The company
delivers a full range of PostgreSQL services : Trainings, Development,
Performance Tuning, High Availibilty Setup, Migration Oracle to
PostgreSQL, Troubleshooting and PostgreSQL support.

--
damien clochard
http://dalibo.org | http://dalibo.com