[Pgpool-hackers] Master-Save Load-Balancing: Bind / Execute can be sent to different backends - causes failures.

Bryan Varner bvarner at polarislabs.com
Tue Oct 25 15:34:11 UTC 2011

I've put together a simple java application test-case (attached) to
re-create the issue as reliably as I can.

I'm also attaching a .diff against CVS HEAD that seems to fix my issue.

In the Parse, Bind, Execute chain: Bind, Describe, and Execute could be
directed at servers that did not receive the preceding required messages.

My fix for this (so far) is to simply not re-apply the logic of where to
send the query in subsequent steps, but to trust that the
pool_where_to_send during the PARSE was correct.

I will be testing this change extensively over the next few weeks. I'd
love to hear any other issues or thoughts from anyone else on this, and
I'd really like to get this pushed into the repository once we're sure
we have a proper fix.

Regards,
  - Bryan Varner