[Pgpool-hackers] High Availability for PGPool Itself

Tony Hoang tony.hoang at team.telstra.com
Mon Apr 4 07:42:49 UTC 2011

Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume at ...> writes:

> > Oh the simplicity, I love it.  Thanks for the suggestion.
> >
> > Say I go with the proposal of setting up PGPool on the app servers, will
> > there be situations where there are data inconsistencies between databases?
> >

> AFAICS, no.

Hi Guillaume,

I've setup PGPool on the application server with just replication enabled
(no load balancing) and it seems to constantly lose connection to the
databases forcing me to restart PGPool.  I've looked through the threads and
have noticed others with the same situation but have not yet determined the
cause.  I'll report back when I get closer to the issue.

On this note how do you setup pg-recovery on the application server?  The
Makefile basically requires it to be installed onto the Postgres server and
since my application server does not contain Postgres this causes issues.
What was your work around for this?

Thanks.