[Pgpool-hackers] Presentation and proposal for translations

Jean-Paul Argudo jean-paul.argudo at dalibo.com
Wed Jul 21 08:21:35 UTC 2010

Hi there!

First, I'm Jean-Paul Argudo. I started postgresqlfr.org website in 2004
(its now postgresql.fr), and somewhat helped to start postgresql fr
community, along with Guillaume Lelarge, well known on this list and others.

I'm now still part of postgresql fr, and also, I run the postgresql
europe thing along with Magnus, Guillaume (again him!), Dave and Andreas.

On the business side, I founded Dalibo in 2005, its a professional
PostgreSQL services company. Guillaume (again, really??) is part of
Dalibo's team too.

Enough blah blah.

Thats a long time now I want to help Pgpool project. I'd like to start
translating the documentation in french (from the english version. I'd
really **LOVE** to talk and read japaneese, but I still lack time to
learn it. But thats a project of mine. I will in some years, for sure).

I've started with the only "source" I have, its the english HTML things :-(

Guillaume told me about new Pgpool version comming. So I stopped at
about 20% of the translation done.

Do I continue or will you send me a newer version to translate ?

I must admit I'd like to change english version too, because some
sentences and how it is read can reach to misunderstanding.

There are also non-documented behaviour I'd like to document. I found
during last customer's projects that some things should be documented
better.

ok. Now, please let me know if the only source of documentation is HTML,
or if you plan doing things differently, or... Whatever!

Thanks for such a **great** software.

A special HI5 to Tatsuo that I met with great pleasure in Toronto in
summer 2006.

Cheers!

- --
Jean-Paul Argudo