[Pgpool-hackers] First try at rephrasing the documentation

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Sat Dec 18 00:47:14 UTC 2010

[Cced: to pgpool-general]

> Hi,
>
> Here is my first try at rephrasing the documentation. A word of warning first:
> I am not a native English speaker. That may also be a reason why I have so
> much trouble reading the current documentation.
>
> I kept the current structure, which I didn't feel was a problem. I mostly
> tried to rephrase, or use more accurate words, when I felt it was hard to
> understand. I also tried to add bits of information here and there.
>
> I spent a lot of time reading the source code to write this, but I'm still not
> that familiar with it, so there will obviously be things I have misunderstood.
>
> It is not complete either: I have several TODO items in it. Most of them are
> questions that I didn't find an answer to, or thought it would only take a few
> seconds to a hacker to answer, when it might take me hours :)
>
> So if anyone is interested in it, here is the document (I can send a patch
> also, but the patch is bigger than the file).

Thanks for great work! I'm sure it is useful.

> I'd really like to know if it may be useful, and if it is, I'd need help on
> these items to complete the job:
> - A native english speaker, to check that what I wrote is correct english

Can a native English speaker on this list help this?

> - A hacker, to check the TODOs and fill in the things that I didn't get
> correctly  (or tell me, so that I can fill them myself), and check that I
> didn't write anything wrong, technically speaking.

I'll do it.

> I did the work on pgpoolII-3.0.1's doc, by the way.

In the mean time, I think Jean-Paul Argudo is translating the doc to
French and if my memory is correct, he is trying to fix the English
doc as well. Is it possible for you and Jean to work together to
enhance the English doc?