[Pgpool-hackers] First try at rephrasing the documentation

Marc Cousin cousinmarc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 09:52:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

Here is my first try at rephrasing the documentation. A word of warning first:
I am not a native English speaker. That may also be a reason why I have so
much trouble reading the current documentation.

I kept the current structure, which I didn't feel was a problem. I mostly
tried to rephrase, or use more accurate words, when I felt it was hard to
understand. I also tried to add bits of information here and there.

I spent a lot of time reading the source code to write this, but I'm still not
that familiar with it, so there will obviously be things I have misunderstood.

It is not complete either: I have several TODO items in it. Most of them are
questions that I didn't find an answer to, or thought it would only take a few
seconds to a hacker to answer, when it might take me hours :)

So if anyone is interested in it, here is the document (I can send a patch
also, but the patch is bigger than the file).

I'd really like to know if it may be useful, and if it is, I'd need help on
these items to complete the job:
- A native english speaker, to check that what I wrote is correct english
- A hacker, to check the TODOs and fill in the things that I didn't get
correctly  (or tell me, so that I can fill them myself), and check that I
didn't write anything wrong, technically speaking.

I did the work on pgpoolII-3.0.1's doc, by the way.

Cheers

Marc