[Pgpool-hackers] hardcoded values in configure script

Yoshiyuki Asaba y-asaba at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Oct 6 02:05:16 UTC 2006

Hi,

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim at commandprompt.com>
Subject: Re: [Pgpool-hackers] hardcoded values in configure script
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 15:17:01 +0300

> On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 17:07 +0900, Yoshiyuki Asaba wrote:
> > OK. If pg_config exists, default values are determined by
> > pg_config. If not, these are fixed path. Does anyone have any comment
> > to the attached patch?
>
> I'm against this. If pg_config does not exist in $PATH, then configure
> should stop and ask for a valid path for pg_config. I think this will be
> better.

Do you think a situation that libpq is installed only?

  % cd postgresql-x.x.x/
  % ./configure
  % cd src/interfaces/libpq
  % make install

So I think I need "--with-pgsql" option if pg_config does not
installed.

Then configure checks libpq. If it does not exist, configure stops.

Regards,
--
Yoshiyuki Asaba
y-asaba at sraoss.co.jp