[Pgpool-hackers] hardcoded values in configure script

Devrim GUNDUZ devrim at commandprompt.com
Mon Oct 2 14:03:58 UTC 2006

Hi,

Today I had some time to eliminate RPM errors of pgpool-II. I found
something that rpmlint complains. Here are two lines in configure:

PGSQL_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/local/pgsql/include
PGSQL_LIB_DIR=/usr/local/pgsql/lib

I checked Slony-I code and saw that they got these values by running
pg_config --includedir and --libdir. Should we use the same style
instead of hardcoding these values? This requires some configure script
hacking that I'm not too much familiar with. For now, I added a patch to
RPM builds which changes these values (RPM needs /usr/include/pgsql
and /usr/lib/pgsql for these two options, respectively); but this is a
dirty solution.

Regards,