[Pgpool-hackers] cache for pgpool

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Tue May 16 18:45:07 UTC 2006

>There's a ton of poorly written applications that would fall flat on
>their face if not for caching the results of queries. There's even some
>well written ones that need to rely on this, especially since PostgreSQL
>doesn't really support materialized views.
>
>Plus I figure anything that helps migration from MySQL to PostgreSQL is
>a Good Thing(tm). :)

Oh sure. Some of us make a nice living fixing broken applications and
writing caching layers, replication features etc ;)
I just wanted to be sure that we're on the same page here : is the OP
really asking about external caching,
or does he have the notion that MySQL is somehow much better at
processing his queries than
PG would be ? (possibly true, but also possibly false and based on
incorrect assumptions about
how PG works vs. the alternative).