[Pgpool-general] problem with replication

Lazaro Rubén García Martinez lgarciam at vnz.uci.cu
Fri Sep 23 14:10:12 UTC 2011

Pgpool, saves the status node in pgpool_status file, for example if you stop one  PostgreSQL node manually and pgpool performs a health check and detects that this node is down, the result is saved in pgpool_status for preventing future replication problems, but if you start the backend manually, this continues down for pgpool, if you are sure that the two servers are sync, you can stop pgpool, delete pgpool_status and start up pgpool again, in other way you can stop backend1 and perform and online recovery with pgpool.

Other options, can backend1 receive connections from pgpool?? Is there any rule in pg_hba.conf of backend1 for allows pgpool connect to it? What is the authentication method used??

Regards.