[Pgpool-general] Is pgpool_walrecrunning needed in Master/Slave mode?

Sandeep Thakkar sandeeptt at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 11:36:06 UTC 2011

Hi,

I read the 3.0.3 docs and found that pgpool_walrecrunning() should be used only in replication mode, and that too when somebody is using the failure/online recovery feature of pgPoll-II. At the same time, I found that this function has undergone some change:
"

Now "pgpool_walrecrunning()" was not used. pgpool-II used to consider the node that is promoted a primary node using the function. Now, pgpool-II waits for completing of the promotion to primary node because it did not work as we intended. But we still have a problem that pgpool-II waits while recovery_timeout, when there is no primary node(Kitagawa)
 "

Can someone elaborate this please? Also, I assume that I need this function only when I setup pgPool-II in replication mode.

Thanks.