[Pgpool-general] confirm 2b4736d3dbf2f7ccea62d713d3d64985a93c4c1a

Imre Facchin imre.facchin at i-netcompany.com
Wed Sep 14 16:48:32 UTC 2011

I am looking for Failover and Loadbalancing in postgresql.

my choice is very likely to be pgpool. but i have concerns regarding it
beeing a SPOF. so i found pgpool-HA.
but nowhere is a description of what this actually does. I would like to
keep all my VMs the same (not have a dedicated DB loadbalancer) So there
would be a pgpool server on every database server knowing about all other
databases. my goal would be to be able to takl to any of the pgpool
instances and get the same result. the question is will pgpool-HA keep the
information about what servers are available/disconnected synchronised over
all pgpool instances. or is it just a hot-standby solution where the new
pgpool server takes the place of the old one if it fails.

tldr; is a active:active configuration for pgpool instances possibel with
pgpool-HA?