[Pgpool-general] unexpected EOF on client connection

Rosser Schwarz rosser.schwarz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 00:36:34 UTC 2011

"Unexpected EOF" doesn't mean a postgres backend is failing; it
typically means that a client has disconnected from its backend
without closing out the session.  (E.g., connect via psql, then kill
the psql process -- not the backend! -- and you'll see an "Unexpected
EOF".)

As for why you're only seeing them since starting to use pgpool, I
couldn't say. I'm seeing them, too, but was before we started working
with the pooler, too, and haven't noticed (but also haven't
specifically looked for) a change in their frequency.

rls

[...]

--
:wq