[Pgpool-general] About SSL conections with pgpool!!!

Erwan ebs at antelink.com
Wed May 25 07:53:43 UTC 2011

Hi Lazaro,

I just created my key and my certificat as following:
$ openssl genrsa -out server.key 1024
$ openssl req -new -key server.key -x509 -days 365 -out server.crt

Then you only have to set the SSL options as following:
ssl = true
ssl_key = '/path/to/server.key'
ssl_cert = '/path/to/server.crt'

That's all and it works for me.

About the max_pool, everything is explained in the doc: "Please be aware
that the number of connections from pgpool-II processes to the backends
may reach |num_init_children| * |max_pool|." So adapt it to your own
configuration.
Actually there is a summary to simply understand the limits:

max_pool*num_init_children<= (max_connections - superuser_reserved_connections) (no query canceling needed)
max_pool*num_init_children*2<= (max_connections - superuser_reserved_connections) (query canceling needed)

Hope this will help.
/Erwan