[Pgpool-general] Trouble with pgpool installation

Paul Giblock pgiblox at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 14:03:58 UTC 2011

Possibly related, I'm also receiving this "DEBUG" message, so it may
be a concern:

pool_ssl: SSL requested but SSL support is not available

I did some research on it and it appears that pgpool is trying SSL for
authentication and trusted auth is required.  However on all my
database servers I have the following in my pg_hba:

host    all    all    10.103.31.1/24    trust

I have also verified this setting, I can use the psql command with no
password or other authentication options.  In pgpool.conf:

ssl = false
ssl_key = ''
ssl_cert = ''
ssl_ca_cert = ''
ssl_ca_cert_dir = ''

This is just a "DEBUG" message, so I guess it is fine - but I wonder
why SSL is being requested - my network is trusted and I'd rather not
have the encryption overhead.

Thanks,
Paul