[Pgpool-general] Can we launch multiple pgpool instances in one host?

Zhidong She zhidong.she at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 03:16:20 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Can we install mutliple copies of pgpool in different locations in one
machine, e.g, /opt/pgpool-0, /opt/pgpool-1, /opt/pgpool-2, ..., and
launch all instances simutanously(of course in diffrent ports)?
The configuration of each pgpool.conf is different.
I'm thinking if we can build a postgres based and Amazon RDS like
relational data store for internal use, and it will plus HA and
sharding functionarities.

Thanks,
Br,
Zhidong