[Pgpool-general] load balancing only setup

Lonni J Friedman netllama at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 22:49:03 UTC 2011

Greetings,
I have a 3 node PostgreSQL-9.0.4 cluster (1 master, 2 standbys) setup
with streaming replication enabled & verified functional.  I'm in the
process of setting up pgpool-II-3.0.4 (for the first time), where all
I care about is the load balancing functionality, such that all the
read-only queries (SELECT, etc) are equally distributed.  I don't need
pgpool to take care of any failover, or really anything other than
load balancing.  I've gone through the official documentation a few
times, and I'm having difficulty separating out the required options
from the optional options.  I'm honestly not even completely certain
if its possible to do only load balancing without any other
functionality?

I *think* if I set the following, I'll get what I want, but I'd
appreciate some confirmation or a helpful push in the right direction
if I'm missing something:
master_slave_mode = true
load_balance_mode = true
replication_mode = false
replication_stop_on_mismatch = false
failover_if_affected_tuples_mismatch = false
replicate_select = false
master_slave_sub_mode = 'stream'
failover_command = ''
failback_command = ''