[Pgpool-general] Compare data from two databases

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Apr 19 22:57:21 UTC 2011

> Hallo!
> I'm using Pgpool2 with replication and load balance between two PosgreSQL 8.4 servers. It seems to be working well so far. So I'm looking for a way to compare data from two databases of these servers to check whether DB servers are in sync.
> Are there any solutions for this?

I found two projects which might be usefull for you.  I have not
tested them though. Please reply back if they are usefull:-)

pgComparator:
PostgreSQL table comparator is a tool to compare possibly very big
tables in different locations and report differences, with a network
and time-efficient approach.

Another PostgreSQL Diff Tool:
Another PostgreSQL Diff Tool (also known as apgdiff) is free
PostgreSQL diff tool that is useful for schema upgrades. The tool
compares two schema dump files and creates output file that is
suitable for upgrade of old schema.