[Pgpool-general] failover done, now need help in online recovery

Sandeep Thakkar sandeeptt at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 09:58:34 UTC 2011

Can we bring the primary server up again? I found in the doc that "In
master/slave mode with streaming replication, online recovery can be  performed.
Only a standby node can be recovered. You cannot recover the primary node. To
recover the primary node, you have to stop all DB nodes and pgpool-II, and then
restore it from a backup."

So, can't we restore the primary without making the standby (new primary) down?

Thanks.