[Pgpool-general] pgpool segfault

Giordano Rinaldi grinaldi at scubenewmedia.it
Tue Apr 12 09:36:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

we are using the last version of pgpool2 ( 3.0.3) with two postgres,
(version 8.4) in replication_mode and load_balance_mode, to insert or to
query  we use java application with the last jdbc driver (9.0).

The problem raises randomly when the insert statements contains a field
of date type: the pgpool2 procecess crashes. We tried to insert the
value of date field using the current_date or now functions, to insert a
fixed date but after some inserts the pgpool2 process crashes. If we
remove from the insert the date field we have no problem (in this case
the date will be filled by a trigger).

Is there some limitation about the date field? If you want I can give
further informations to isolate this problem.

Many thanks

Giordano