[Pgpool-general] Synchronous replication hack for 9.0?

Yang Zhang yanghatespam at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 07:11:44 UTC 2010

I was just now reading through the homepage slides, which include an
intro to pgpool-II 3.0's support for 9.0 replication. I noticed
there's a monitoring tool that uses polls the standby's
pg_last_xlog_receive_location() and alerts if it's too far behind
pg_current_xlog_location(). Could a similar approach be used for a
simple implementation of synchronous replication? Any major pitfalls
here (besides the need to balance polling frequency and latency)?

(I realize that synchronous replication is in the works for 9.1.)

Thanks in advance.
--
Yang Zhang
http://yz.mit.edu/