[Pgpool-general] Two geographic instances

Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com
Fri Oct 22 13:47:39 UTC 2010

I suggest you to read this:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/different-replication-sol
utions.html

I would look at what Bucardo offers, which is asynchronous multi-master
replication. In synchronous multi-master, and especially in your case
with pgpool-II, if one database goes down, you might end with
inconsistent data in each database (some data same, but newly added data
on each end would cause a conflic in case you wanted to merge somehow
the changes).

-Daniel