[Pgpool-general] Database redundancy recommended approach

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Oct 21 22:43:50 UTC 2010

> I downloaded CVS head (3.0.2), compiled and run it.
>
> As soon as it starts, it segfaults:

> 0x0000000000403c38 in find_primary_node () at main.c:2313
> 2313                    if (!strcmp(res->data[0], "t"))

Sorry to have forgotten to say: you need to install new C function
shipped with pgpool-II.

cd sql/pgpool-walrecvrunning/
make
make install
psql -f pgpool-walrecvrunning.sql -h [your_pg_server] template1
psql -f pgpool-walrecvrunning.sql -h [your_pg_server] [your_db_name]

I will fix pgpool-II not to crash if user did not install the function
(with a price not being able to recover primary server).