[Pgpool-general] Online recovery with streaming replication

Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com
Wed Oct 20 15:39:39 UTC 2010

"Online recovery with Streaming Replication

... You cannot recover the primary node. To recover the primary node,
you have to stop all DB nodes and pgpool-II then restore from the
backup."

Is this a feature? I think the oldest node that has become master should
remain master from that point on, even if the failed old-master is
recovered and re-attached. Don't you think so? Why isn't it this way?
(I'm sure there is a reason as to why it is the way it is)

Thanks in advance,

-Daniel