[Pgpool-general] Authentication questions

Asaf asaf at lingnu.com
Wed Oct 20 13:35:43 UTC 2010

  I am using replication mode (3.0.1) and would like to use 'md5'
authentication,

if I configure only pg_hba.conf for 'md5', pgpool-II says:

psql: ERROR:  MD5 authentication is unsupported in replication,
master-slave and parallel modes.
HINT:  check pg_hba.conf

if I configure also pool_hba.conf usage, and put the same user/password
into pool_password
than it works.

so it seems that the error message is incorrect, because MD5 is
supported, but needs some
additional configuration

also, this forces me to duplicate the password
(e.g: if I want to change password for a user, I need to do it in 2 places)

thanks

--
Asaf Ohaion
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.