[Pgpool-general] can't connect : cannot get session context

Toshihiro Kitagawa kitagawa at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Oct 20 05:28:25 UTC 2010

> >> BTW,
> >>
> >> pool_do_auth: maybe protocol version mismatch (current version 3)
> >>
> >> This indicates that your PostgreSQL version is 7.3 or before.
> >>
> >> Asaf, Is this correct?
>
> no, my pg is 9.0, it was login issue, once I set pg_hba.conf to "trust"
> local connections, it works.
> md5 or ident authentication doesn't seem to work

I was able to reproduce the state that cannot connect with the error
in the following conditions with ApacheBench.

  PostgreSQL        pgpool-II
  max_connections < num_init_children * max_pool

These variables should set it as follows.

  PostgreSQL         pgpool-II
  max_connections >= num_init_children * max_pool

Will you confirm the max_connections setting of all backends?

--
Toshihiro Kitagawa