[Pgpool-general] Finer control over master slave mode.

Gregory Davis gdavis at mediamath.com
Sun Oct 17 15:59:02 UTC 2010

I'd like to distribute a read heavy web application accross multiple data centers using streaming replication and pgpool in master slave mode. When I tried to get this working pgpool seemed to load balance my reads across master and slave even with the masters backend_weight set to 0. My question is,  is it possible to configure pgpool to use a master as "write only" and read only from slaves? I can post any needed config info as requested.