[Pgpool-general] Why if standby goes down the INSERT query fails?

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Nov 25 07:53:49 UTC 2010

> No ideas? I think it should be a fundamental feature of pgpoool...

What if network cable pulled out between pgpool and standby? TCP
connection between pgpool and standby will be hang in the kernel until
TCP keep alive timeout occurs(it will take 2 hours typically).  If you
want to recover from the state before 2 hours passes, the only way is
killing and restarting pgpool children processes...

I don't think this usecase if specific to pgpool-II.