[Pgpool-general] Directory /var/run/pgpool/ is deleted after reboot computer

Jean-Paul Argudo jean-paul at postgresqlfr.org
Tue Nov 23 08:20:58 UTC 2010

Hi there,

Le 23/11/2010 06:14, tuanhoanganh a écrit :
> I created directory /var/run/pgpool/ and pgpool run well. But when I
> reboot computer this directory is deleted.
> How to fix it?

As Devrim told you, you may test/create it in the pgpool init script.

Please read this email, I sent a init.d script that has this feature,
you may copy and add it into your script ?

http://www.mail-archive.com/pgpool-hackers@pgfoundry.org/msg00260.html

Warning, this script is not yet secured, and I will send another version
shortly on pgpool-hackers list.

Basically, I'll wipe out any search (grep|cut...) in the pgpool.conf and
put all variables in the top of the script, PLUS, I'll check for the pid
existence, etc.

Well, I'll do things more secure and simple.. :)

Cheers,

--
Jean-Paul Argudo
www.PostgreSQLFr.org